Thursday, October 30, 2008

1200GS

Last week I picked up a new non-ABS 1200GS from our local dealer. I sold both my 04 1150 GS and my 05 650 Dakar for this bike. It was worth it. Tho I really enjoyed both of my previous mounts, after doing a long test ride of the1200GS I knew it was the bike for me. Much lighter feeling than the 1150- and about the same "feeling"as the 650. I had put about every mod on my 1150 for performance and handling it still didn't measure up to my stock 1200GS. So anyway, I thought we could have a thread for pics of our 1200 GS's . I would like to see what everyone has done to theirs now that they have been out 1+ years and no - Nachtflug will not be involved - at least till he succumbs and buys one. So let the displays begin and I will start with my almost 100% bone stock one - non ABS model.
Update:A splash of Touratech farkles and upper fairing, a dash of Micatech aluminum panniers, a sprinkle of: Russell Day Long Saddle for long distance touring, GS Adventure fuel tank, GS ADV shocks and seats ... and it's now perfectly dialed in..

No comments: